We will follow these guidelines when serving food this school year:
- Breakfast and lunch will be sold in designated hallway locations. The kitchen will be off-limits to students. Students will eat meals in the classroom or outside.
- Food Service staff will wear face masks at all times and gloves while preparing or serving food. Staff are ServSafe trained. Clear plexiglass shields will separate students and staff at cashier check points.
- A limited menu will be offered with sale of packaged, pre-wrapped food only. Students will indicate their preference for lunch from the DeLaSalle Cafe using an online form in their first period of the day.
- Students will sanitize their hands and desks before and after eating. Purchases will be touchless - students will present their student ID to debit their purchase from their cafeteria account.
- Deposits to a student’s cafeteria account must be made electronically via the LunchTime portal. DeLaSalle this year will not accept cash or check payments at the school to prevent the handling of currency
Students must have money in their cafeteria account in order to purchase breakfast or lunch items from the DeLaSalle Cafe. DeLaSalle uses LunchTime to manage cafeteria accounts. Families may create an account and electronically deposit money into that account for their student. DeLaSalle this year will not accept cash or check payments at the school to prevent the handling of currency. Click here for instructions on how to create and manage your LunchTime account. Bank account and credit card transactions are subject to a fee,charged by LunchTime. Online deposits will appear in the point of sale system within 30 minutes of completing the transaction. Please contact email@example.com with questions.
Free & Reduced Meal Benefits
DeLaSalle offers school meal benefits through the Minnesota Department of Education. Interested families must complete and return an Application for Educational Benefits to Pam Beckman. Click here for the application (click here for instructions on how to create a LunchTime account). Students must apply for the lunch benefits each year, even if they qualified for the program in the previous school year.